With an objective of holding light to those in darkness and extending support to helpless and guide those who have lost direction, our kind hearted, socially concerned and dedicated reformers laid down the foundation of Vidya Vikas Education Society in 1962, to impart higher education to the masses, especially,the weaker and underprivileged sections of society. Late Dr. W.S. Matkar, Ex. MLA., Maharashtra State, Late Dr. Datta Samant, Renowned Trade Unionist and Ex. MP, Union of India and Shri P.M. Raut, Recipient of the National Award for Teaching and present secretary of the institution are the founder members of the institution. The institution could reach a remarkable milestone in the field of education in a very short span of time. Started with an initial strength of 260students, it has now grown up both qualitatively & quantitatively in to 19 educational units imparting knowledge to more than 15,000 students from KG level to PG level.
All the members of Vidya Vikas Education Society family are fortunate to be guided and supported in their mission of education by Shri P.M. Raut, Secretary, Vidya Vikas Education Society and Mrs. Vidya P.Raut, Chief Executive Officer of the institution, both being the recipient of the National Award for Teaching.
1. Name of the College: Vidya Vikas Education society’s Vikas College Of Arts, Science & Commerce, Vikhroli. (Formerly Known as Vikas College of Commerce (Night).
2. Date of Establishment of the College: June 1986.
3. Address of the College: Vikas High School Marg, Kannamwar Nagar – 2, Vhikhroli (East), Mumbai – 400083.
4.Telephone Numbers: 25783540, 25784267, Fax – 25796196
6. NAAC Accreditaion: B+ Grade in February 2005.
7. Working Hours of the College:
- Day Session : 07.00 am to 05.00 pm
- Evening Session : 05.00 pm to 10.00 pm
- The college administrative office works on all working days during 8.00 am to 3.00 pm for Day Session and from 3.00 pm to 10.00 pm for Evening session.
(The Principal reserves the right to make suitable changes in the working hours of the college.)
8.Students Strength: Intake Capacity ( UG and PG Courses of University of Mumbai)
|Science Faculty -||1242|
|Arts Faculty -||480|
|Commerce Faculty -||2160||2640|
9.College in Brief: Vikas College of Arts, Science & Commerce started in the year 1986 by Vidya Vikas Education Society with 87 students in First year B.Com. class has now developed into a multidisciplinary institution with more than 3000 students. The college has a state of art infrastructure, advanced library facilities, reading rooms, auditorium, audio – visual and overhead / slide projector facilities, Info-tech center, well equipped gymkhana and gymnasium, canteen, conference hall, cultural activities room etc.
The college has Study Center of Y.C.M.O.U., T.M.U and P.T.U offering various Under-graduates, Post-graduate and Professional courses. At present more than 1000 students are availing educations from the center.